Hello everyone. More and more fans have notified us about the existence of counterfeit Tsume products on some websites (among which Aliexpress or Ebay :( ). Those bootlegs can also be sold during events or in some shops. I have therefore decided to make a little article to give you a few tips to help you make the difference with the official XTRA. Let's start with the elements that should tip you off whatever the figure is:
- If the figure is much cheaper than on our website
- If you see written "Chinese version"
- If the seller refuses to send pictures that are different from the one on our website (assuming the figure is already in stock)
Here are some examples of differences between bootlegs and official figures. I have listed each time the default encountered. *Itachi Uchiwa XTRA by Tsume
- The official XTRA logo is lacking on the front of the box.
- There is an extra head without the Edo Tensei mode.
The head without the Edo Tensei mode has a stare completely off. The head with the mode Edo Tensei lacks finishing stage, the tips of the hair are rounded and the fringe doesn't stick to the forehead. * Obito Uchiwa XTRA by Tsume
- The XTRA logo is not visible on the front of the box.
- The visual on the box is the one of the figure, not the official illustration of the anime.
- The side of the box does not show the XTRA of Itachi.
- The logos Tsume and XTRA do not show at the back of the box.
- The visual is totally different.
- The paint job lacks a finishing touch.
- The sideburns are not painted.
- The rinnegan is not visible in the left eye.
*Saitama XTRA by Tsume There is no logo XTRA on the front of the box. There is no logos XTRA, VIZ and Tsume at the back of the box.
- The zipper is not positionned correctly.
- The button of the cape are painted directly on the cape instead of being independant elements.
- The tip of the nose is rounded instead of being pointy.
- The cape has less gradients.
This gives you an idea of the elements to look at in details when you are looking to buy one of our XTRA. The lack of logos of the license owner or the editor on the boxes is a good indicator for counterfeit products, though sometimes they are also copied. Regarding the price, do not forget that a figure made with quality products and a qualified staff has a price and if this price is too low, it may hide something. We will not be able to help you if your buy bootlegs, so be careful. Here is a non exhaustive list of Tsume products that have been counterfeit. ( If you know others, please write them down below as a message). HQS:
- Itachi and Susanoo
- White Beard
- Naruto Uzumaki
- Sasuke Uchiha
- All the Xtra of the series Naruto.
I hope this could help you a little :) If you have any question, do not hesitate to ask. By the way, the next LIVE is now drawing near. Remember you can find all the info here: https://www.facebook.com/events/210771392726755/ By the way, the LIVE being on the 31st, you have until the 15th of February to cancel it and get a full refund. Finally, I'm currently working on our next events : Festival des Jeux à Cannes ( 24-26 february) and the Salon Made in Asia (3-5 march). I hope you will come and meet us there. We'll be displaying a few interestings things that I hope you will enjoy ;) See you soon. Kibachan © 2002 MASASHI KISHIMOTO / 2007 SHIPPUDEN © ONE, Yusuke Murata/SHUEISHA, Hero Association HQ